I noticed that i still have something up on my wall that I wrote a long time ago. Its kind of a "mission statment" that I wrote for myself to follow about life in general. It looked something like this...
First and formost, I will remain faithful always to God.
I will not underestimate the power of love,
I will always be kind, and respectful.
I will never take the simple things for granted. I will rememebr that before you can change someone else, you must change yourself first.
etc..
and the list goes on.... I kind of laughed to myself remembering that I made this list and at the bottom it says to "read this everyday," yet i havent looked at it for months. I think it's time for me to take it down.
And i thought to myself.... I wish i wrote a date to when I made this. I remmeber I used to be a person with strict rules, and plans, and schedules. I'm still like that to an extent, but it used to be at a different level.
I realize now, after looking at it, my perscpective has changed so much. I don't believe that life anymore necessarily has to be written down, planned ahead, and stuck to following rules. Life is about change, being spontaneous, and doing things that you want to do.. last mintue, and just because. Who cares if youre kind and respectful, its about making mistakes.. doing things that aren't planned.. being messy.. and messing up some more..that's just life. And as much as I used to say people change, people don't, but I can say that those that do, you don't see all the time. I do strongly agree still with the first line that's there about my faith in God, that-I will always have, .... but also the last line that i wrote that says, " I will live my life as though everyday where my last." This i know, is something.. I can always tell myself everyday.
...
oh, and and its offical the day for mothers. Happy Mother's Day to ya mom. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
how time flies. . .
qoute to live by. . .
"Let us be grateful to people who make us happy; they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom."-Marcel Proust


No comments:
Post a Comment